VentureWeb is a growing Online Marketing and Web Agency based in beautiful Squamish BC.
We are seeking a talented web professional to join our small team on a contract basis, which will lead to full-time placement. Interested? Please submit an application to info [at] ventureweb [dot] net - include your resume, work samples, desired compensation and anything else you'd like to share with us. No phone calls at this stage please.
What we offer you:
We understand the importance of a healthy work-life-recreate balance, so we always try to be flexible with hours so that you can enjoy all that the Sea to Sky corridor offers - just as long as the work gets done. Our office environment is relaxed and informal - you'll have your very own desk, workstation (Mac or PC), potted-plant, and access to George, our lean-mean-toasty-making-machine. See our flickr stream for an idea of office life.
Beyond providing a great working environment we offer a competitive salary (commensurable with experience) and a health benefits package for full-time employees.
We also actively encourage your career and technical development, so we look forward to sending you to conferences or training seminars that you think will be beneficial to you.
What the position entails:
You will be involved in all stages of website development, from planning through to training and ongoing support. You'll need to wear many hats, but the biggest hat will certainly be that of 'Web Developer' - building and maintaining websites for small to medium size organizations. Our clients are mainly DMOs, Tourism Vendors and Adventure Sports Businesses. We have a number of exciting projects in the pipeline.
We use Drupal as our CMS of choice and are actively engaged in the local Vancouver Drupal Group. Your work will involve building sites with Drupal and updating/maintaining existing sites built with Drupal.
On occasion you may be required to travel and meet with clients to discuss requirements. This is always pretty cool as our clients tend to be in places people want to visit :)
What you offer:
Non-Technical Abilities & Characteristics:
- Ability to work within a small team in a boutique agency
- Attention to detail and wanting to deliver the best product possible
- Professional manner - you might have to answer the phone
- A fit with our company culture - do you like the outdoors?
- Desire to keep up to date with latest developments in your field, and to learn new skills
- PHP & MySQL experience, with particular weight being placed on knowlege of building sites with the Drupal Content Management Plaftorm
- Experience with Version Control Systems: CVS and/or GIT
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Search Engine Marketing Techniques and Strategies
- Design intuition